Commercial Vehicle Accidents Lawyer
Irvine Commercial Vehicle Attorney
Maybe you’re one of the many people out there who tend to see a logo on the side of a vehicle and assume that the driver of that vehicle is going to be just a bit more careful than the average motorist. After all, that person is at work and he or she definitely does not want to crash that business-owned truck, car or SUV. That’s not unreasonable thinking on the surface, but unfortunately commercial vehicles are just as likely to be involved in crashes as those that are privately owned. If you’ve been injured in one of the many commercial vehicle accidents that occurs in California, you’re facing a difficult and complicated situation for several different reasons.
On one level, you’ve been injured and you’re in pain. You may even be in the hospital but you are struggling with handling your day-day routine and you’re unable to work. You’re losing money and your medical bills are piling up. You don’t know when you’re going to be able to get back on your feet. You’re hearing from multiple people who work with insurance companies who want to “help you put this in the past as quickly as possible.” Your gut says this isn’t what you should do, but do you really need to take on some legalese-filled process on top of everything else? No, you don’t, which is why you should contact an Orange County car accident lawyer at Montevideo Law as soon as possible.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents and Your Questions
When you’re injured by the negligent driver of a privately-owned vehicle, the aftermath is confusing and complicated in terms of obtaining a recovery of your losses. Commercial vehicle accidents only add an extra layer of complexity to the situation, which is something no one needs. Questions you may be asking yourself to the point where you just want to get answers now could include:
- Which insurance company should be responsible for covering my losses?
- Do I have to pursue both the company that owns the vehicle and the individual driver?
- Does it matter if the driver of the commercial vehicle is an employee or a contractor?
- Should I send my medical records to these insurance company representatives?
- Should I provide a recorded statement for them?
- How do I know whether or not their settlement offer is fair?
- If I pursue a recovery from the company, can I still pursue one from the driver?
- How much is all of this going to cost me?
- How much time will it take to complete this process?
- When will I ever get back to a normal life that’s free of pain?
There are likely other questions that trouble you right now, but rest assured that the Orange County accident lawyers at Montevideo Law have heard them and answered them. We’ve helped many people injured in commercial vehicle accidents obtain proper recoveries.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents and Potential Answers to Your Questions
You may want to see some example answers to questions our clients have asked after being injured in commercial vehicle accidents. Hopefully some of this information will help you put things into perspective, but you should still seek our help for individualized advice that’s based on the specifics of your crash.
- It’s possible to pursue a recovery from either or both insurance companies.
- You don’t have to pursue both insurance companies as a matter of law.
- It can matter if the other driver was an independent contractor, but that will depend on the details of the relationship between the driver and the company.
- No, do not send your medical records without first speaking to an attorney.
- No, do not provide a recorded statement without first speaking to an attorney.
- You need legal help in determining the fairness of your settlement offer.
- Pursuing the employer and then the driver separately is usually not advisable.
- An Orange County car accident lawyer can help you quantify all of your losses.
- The recovery process can move faster if you have legal representation.
- That’s hard to say, but proper compensation will help you through your struggle.
How an Orange County Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Commercial vehicle accidents create chaos, and you’ll likely need specific answers to your specific questions in addition to the basic information provided above. You should also be aware of the fact that having an Orange County car accident attorney representing your interests will help to level the proverbial playing field. These insurance companies are staffed by experienced professionals who understand how to limit their employers’ exposure to financial liability. In addition, these companies have resources at their disposal that allows them to hire highly skilled defense attorneys.
In short, these people are not working for your best interests. You should expect any settlement offer from them to be quite low if you do not have legal representation. They understand the imbalance between skill sets, man hours available and urgency to start paying bills. They will use that to their advantage if necessary.
Hire an Orange County Personal Injury Lawyer
You can expect the tone of the situation to change when you hire us. The other side will realize that you’re serious about maximizing your recovery. It will increase the possibility that a fair settlement offer will be made, as that insurance company, employer and driver will also realize that they will be going to trial if things aren’t handled appropriately. You need to make sure you give yourself the best chance possible to enforce your legal rights. Contact Montevideo Law today to schedule a free initial consultation.